Lake Hawea Climate & Temperature
- Lake Hawea, New Zealand is at 44°36'S, 169°15'E, 350 m (1148 ft). See map.
- Lake Hawea has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Lake Hawea is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The average temperature is 10.5 degrees Celsius (50.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 12.7 °C (22.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 764.1 mm (30.1 inches) which is equivalent to 764.1 Litres/m² (18.74 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Lake Hawea you would pop up nearest to the climate station at La Coruna, Spain where you would find a Mediterranean climate (Cool temperate moist forest biome).
Lake Hawea Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Lake Hawea Climate Graph in Metric Units
Lake Hawea Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Lake Hawea, New Zealand Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: