Lake Hawea Climate & Temperature
- Lake Hawea, New Zealand is at 44°36'S, 169°15'E, 350 m (1148 ft). See map.
- Lake Hawea has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Lake Hawea is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The mean temperature is 10.5 degrees Celsius (50.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 12.7 °C (22.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 764.1 mm (30.1 inches) which is equivalent to 764.1 Litres/m² (18.74 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Lake Hawea you would come out nearest to the climate station at La Coruna, Spain where you would find a Mediterranean climate (Cool temperate moist forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Lake Hawea, New Zealand Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: