Vs > Mcmurdo Sound
Lake Hawea vs Mcmurdo Sound Climate & Distance Between
Lake Hawea vs Wairapukao Forest, New Zealand
Lake Hawea vs Lago Argentino, Argentina
Lake Hawea vs Corumba, Brazil
Lake Hawea vs International Falls, Minnesota, Usa
Mcmurdo Sound vs Xichang, China
Mcmurdo Sound vs Kumagaya, Japan
Mcmurdo Sound vs Conakry, Guinea
Mcmurdo Sound vs Zaragoza, Aragon, Spain
Port-Au-Prince vs Jimani
Lake Hawea vs Veraval
Sal vs Otaru
Christchurch Gardens vs Kahramanmaras
- The distance between Lake Hawea, New Zealand and Mcmurdo Sound, Antarctica is approximately 3,699 km or 2,299 mi.
- To reach Lake Hawea in this distance one would set out from Mcmurdo Sound bearing 3.4° or N and follow the great circles arc to approach Lake Hawea bearing 1° or N .
- Lake Hawea has a marine west coast climate (Cfb) whereas Mcmurdo Sound has a ice cap climate (EF).
- The annual mean temperature is 27.8 °C (50°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 11.9 °C (21.4°F) less in Lake Hawea. The continentality subtype is truly oceanic as opposed to subcontinental.
- Total annual precipitation averages 551.1 mm (21.7 in) more which is equivalent to 551.1 l/m² (13.53 US gal/ft²) or 5,511,000 l/ha (589,162 US gal/ac) more. About 3 3/5 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 33.1° higher in Lake Hawea than in Mcmurdo Sound.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Lake Hawea relative to Mcmurdo Sound. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Mcmurdo Sound vs Lake Hawea
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Lake Hawea vs Griggsville, Il, Usa
Lake Hawea vs Osaka, Japan
Lake Hawea vs Onslow, Western Australia, Australia
Lake Hawea vs Yellowstone Park, Wyoming, Usa
Mcmurdo Sound vs Gorlitz, Germany
Mcmurdo Sound vs Lake City, Fl, Usa
Mcmurdo Sound vs Solwezi, Zambia
Mcmurdo Sound vs Walvis Bay/ Pelican Point, Namibia
Broken Bow, Ne vs Santa Cruz, Flores
Longstaff Bluff, Nt vs Maputo
Puerto Maldonado vs Saga
Bajkit vs Nelson
Lake Hawea vs Mcmurdo Sound Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Lake Hawea
Climate Guides for Locations near Mcmurdo Sound